Venus is a film that combines performance and dance accompanying the audience in a new artistic experience. On a journey as long as an instant the power of femininity reveals itself to the human being, both inside and outside. Beyond the material separation, the human lives the reunification with the whole. We are light. Remember the experiences, accept the internal diversity to our being: this is the key to find ourselves.
The plot An ancient lady is walking in the dark when she finds a light. Inside it she relives all her experiences and emotions, nuances and codes of her life. She returned a young child. Now, thanks to her experiential baggage, she can start her new unknown trip, in a new freedom.
"Venus is a journey in search of her femininity beyond time; between emotions, sounds and forms it is always a code: looks".
This video born from a vision. In fact Carmelo starts to dream his works with VENUS; the will of the artist is create an interior human story crossing different worlds, situations that represents experiential emotions.
THE WORLD OF TWELVE WOMEN Performed by Simona Gobbi
On a floor in the dark, twelve women represent the separation of the feminine energy, static, sitting. They woke up and they ascend from their position/situation to reunify. Every pair of shoes aims to exalt one characteristic of the women, starting from different material and woman's social conditions. Thanks to wearing the shoes she can transform herself and comeback to the origin, her clean birth, IN THE MIDDLE OF DARKNESS. They are only dressed with six different pair of shoes (handmade by the artist) that differs one from the other. Each of these six women is doubled to show that duality is returning to be ONE. The base structure of shoes is in plastic and leatherette.
THE SHOES OF VENUS 1. Materials: paper, silicone This is a pair of shoes which remembers the armadillo animal. With the use of computer software the artist created the module and printed it on paper. Making a 3D mosaic Carmelo searches to plasm an elegant armor. Wearing this shoes the woman is protected from the men's angry attitudes.
2. Materials: studs, oil painting Wearing this shoes the woman has an aggressive appereance but really it indicates her fragility. Her nature in constantly changing and is expressed by the interior of this shoes, like the waves of the sea, romantic and intimate; in opposite of the exterior shiny and convex.
3. Materials: Inside the remote control buttons, silk for ties, peacock feathers To make this shoes Carmelo wants to use the silk for man ties to express the freedom concept of to put on foot what men generally put their necks. To dare is the big concept of this shoes, always with elegance and simplicity. When woman walks with this shoes peacock feathers follow the step movement. This woman's behavior is control, she has the remote control "of the video".
4. Materials: oak leaves, winkles, red satin The Mother of Nature wears this shoes. The mature women, conscious and able to face all of life experiences. The animal and the vegetal coexist interchanging their essence, the red satin, in directly contact with the Land.
5. Materials: sand, metal paint, oak leaves Wearing this shoes woman relaxes herself living materially, on surface. She has clearly the road in front of her, relaxed while having fun along the way.
6. Materials: coarse salt, cotton, plastic Finally this pair of shoes expresses childhood and melancholy. An abstract esthetic and juxtaposition of forms and materials.
THE WORLD OF UNIVERSAL BEINGS Performed by Walter Cinquinella
We are on a white sphere. Always on the back, these mysterious men arrive on camera to create the universe. Each light is a universe composed by billions of stars and planets. They are three because represents the famous mother/father/child; also man, woman, androgynous. Dancing they move all and create the convergence between all of the protagonist worlds. Using body painting techique Carmelo drew the constellations of our heavenly vault.
THE WORLD OF THE SPIRIT Performed by Carmelo Brustia
Underwater, the feminine energy dances. Modifying her space, the spirit of womanhood is ready to go out, to emerge from the feminine uterus and enter into the world of color. The dancer is a man to underline that femininity concerns all human beings and not only women.
THE WORLD OF DISCOVERY Performed by London Ariel and Carmelo Brustia
At dawn, in the forest, a young pure feminine presence descends in a little brook. Surrounded by the spheres, she opens her dress receiving a boy, from the brook. He arrives from water and he embraces the feminine presence. This scene tells about a pure love meeting. The protagonist relives her love experience, she remembers the moment when she finds inside her the love, in a flowing brook.
THE WORLD OF COLORS Performed by Giulia Brustia
Here we are in the nest. This young girl wakes up in the Land and crossing it she gives life to a new herself. This new her is the essence of artistic future possibilities.
THE WORLD OF THEATRE Performed by Francesca Cola
Life is like a theatre. We stay on our stage dividing communicating and exploring new visions until we find ourselves, finally. Dresses made by an italian fashion studio (BatnaStudio).
THE WORLD OF BEGINNING Performed by Agnese Enrietti and Claudia Secchi
Our ancient protagonist walks in completly darkness. She sees all of her internal worlds and she rediscovers herself in childhood. The child accompanies her in the biggest experience she can do: the death. All of her worlds now are complete and ready to follow her.